People have been talking about the benefits of owning an Instant Pot for a while. But now that we’re in the middle of the busiest, most stressful time of year, the pressure cooker’s ability to help us achieve quick and easy home-cooked meals is more appealing than ever. Whether you received one as a gift or just want to add it to your kitchen arsenal, here’s everything you need to know about using an Instant Pot this holiday season.
Image Source: Unsplash
What is an Instant Pot?
An Instant Pot is a multi-functional electric pressure cooker. It’s the latest trend in all things quick-and-easy home cooking. Because of its ability to cook food up to 70% faster than other appliances, it’s become the go-to device for busy, stress-free holiday meals. There are many different models of the Instant Pot, but they all share the same basic functionality: to cook food up to 70% faster by building up pressure and using steam. The Instant Pot Pure is the most basic model you can buy. The Duo has a few additional features, like a slow cooker mode and an automatic stir-function. The Duo Plus is the most advanced model.
What to know before using your instant pot
– The Instant Pot is a pressure cooker, not a slow cooker. This means that it will bring your food to a boil faster than a slow cooker would.
– The Instant Pot’s “sauté” feature is your friend. Use it to brown your meat and sauté your vegetables before you add them to the pot. This will add flavor and ensure everything is fully cooked.
– The Instant Pot is hot. Always use oven mitts when you take the lid off.
– Let your food rest. As with any pressure cooker, your food will be under pressure for a few minutes at the end of cooking. It’s best to let the pressure reduce naturally rather than taking the lid off too early.
– Never fill your Instant Pot past the “fill line.” This can cause your food to come out under-cooked.
– Clean your Instant Pot immediately after using it.
How to use an Instant Pot for the first time
The first time you use your Instant Pot, follow these steps:
– Put on your oven mitts, remove the lid, and add one teaspoon of oil.
– Set the Instant Pot to sauté and wait until the oil is fully sizzling before adding your meat.
– Add your vegetables and pour in your liquid (water, broth, wine, etc.).
– Close the lid and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.”
– Select your desired setting.
– When the timer is up, manually release the pressure by turning the valve from “sealing” to “venting.”
– Let your food rest for five minutes before serving.
Tips for using your instant pot during the holidays
– Plan ahead. Make a meal plan for the week, complete with shopping lists and recipes. This will save you plenty of time during the busy holiday season.
– Be mindful of your timing. Because the Instant Pot is a pressure cooker, your food will cook faster than it would on a regular stove. Keep this in mind when prepping your recipes.
– Never fill your Instant Pot past the “fill line.” This can cause your food to come out undercooked.
– Season your food well. Adding plenty of salt and pepper will add flavor and make your food taste more appetizing.
– Serve family-style. Let everyone serve themselves and avoid a chaotic kitchen. – Clean your Instant Pot immediately after using it.
Recipes for Instant Pot beginners
These recipes are great for beginning Instant Pot users. They’re simple, quick and easy to make. And they taste delicious. Instant Pot Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili – A hearty vegetarian chili that’s easy to make and full of holiday flavor. Instant Pot Ribs – Crispy, fall-off-the-bone ribs that are ready in two hours. Instant Pot Mac and Cheese – A creamy, rich version of everyone’s favorite comfort food.
how much meat can fit in a 6 quart instant pot
The 6 quart Instant Pot is a great size for most households. It can hold up to 8 cups of liquid, 4 quarts of whole or cut vegetables, and 3 pounds of meat. With that much room, you can fit in a LOT of food! If you have a small family, consider getting a smaller instant pot. Or if you’re feeding more than 5 people, go with the 8 quart version.
If you’re cooking for one or two people, you can probably get away with the 6 quart version. But if you’re feeding more than 2 people, I recommend going bigger. You can always freeze extra portions for another day! The “6-quart” designation refers to the volume of space available inside the pot. The actual capacity is slightly less, so if you plan on placing a taller item in your cooker, be sure to add some extra space above it to accommodate the additional height.
how many cups of rice in 6 quart instant pot
So how many cups of rice should you put in an Instant Pot? This is one of the most commonly asked questions by Instant Pot users. The reason why people ask this is because they want to know how much rice they can fit in the Instant Pot. An amount of rice that fits in an Instant Pot is called a “soup” or a “soup-like” amount of rice.
When you are using an electric pressure cooker, you can put whatever amount of rice you want in it. When you are using a stove top pressure cooker, however, you will have to do some calculations to figure out what amount of rice you can fit in your pot. For example, if your pot has 6 quart capacity, then the total capacity will be 6 x 4 = 24 cups. If your pot has 8 quart capacity, then the total capacity will be 8 x 4 = 32 cups. So how many cups of rice can you fit in your pot? The answer depends on how full your pot is with water and how much water you add when cooking rice.
The Instant Pot is a powerful device that can simplify your meal planning. At first, it might seem complicated, but once you get the hang of it, it can become a staple in your kitchen. With a little practice, you’ll find yourself using your Instant Pot for everything from chili to desserts. Whether you’re hosting a holiday party or just want to remain stress-free while cooking, the Instant Pot will help you achieve quick and easy meals.